"I wanna be MacGuyver"
Actually, I'm not an artist. At least I don't really think of myself as one. I do consider myself a craftsman, and photography is my craft. Ever since I picked up my first camera and started playing, I was pretty much hooked. I scoured the internet for instructions, tutorials, concepts, and anything I could sink my teeth into.
Over the years, I've continued to be a student of this craft. When I'm not creating images for clients, I am always finding or creating opportunities to create photographs for myself. I whole-heartedly believe that pursuing multiple disciplines of photography will only help me be better equipped to work under a variety of circumstances, and that true creativity comes from knowing how to adapt to situations through problem solving and leveraging your technical know-how.
You know... like MacGuyver.
When I am not working, I am contemplating my next big adventure.
There are many reasons why I love to travel. To see other cultures, visit places that feel other worldly, experience great food, and sometimes to just get away from the familiar. But most of all, I enjoy exploring aspects of humanity that I am not always exposed to. Storytelling is a passion of mine and in recent years, I've started adapting my love of travel and humanity towards efforts that document the human condition in various ways.
Travel brings me joy, knowledge, and empathy
Oh, the places I've been...
ODDS & ENDS
• I have an unquenchable thirst for Diet Coke and iced coffee (though not at the same time).
• My go-to big boy drink is an Old-Fashioned.
• I think Golden Boy has the best pizza in town.
• I really miss Jon Stewart and the Colbert Report.
• Whenever I see someone running for the bus, I root for them.
• Mint Chocolate Chip is my favorite ice cream flavor.
• I drop my phone on my face at least once a week while reading in bed.
• I think Rogue One is at least the second best Star Wars movie ever.
• Jar-Jar should have never been conceived. This is not an opinion.
• I used to perform trumpet solos in front of a stadium full of high schoolers in the marching band while wearing a feather-plumed hat throughout high school. To offset peak band-nerd status, I performed John Lennon’s Imagine in front of a couple hundred classmates. I was good. There is no footage to confirm this, however.
• I typically “discover” songs a couple years after they were initially popular.
• I’d argue in terms of story-telling and writing, Breaking Bad is better than Game of Thrones (confirmed now that it is over). But GoT has Daenerys. And I love her (yes, even still).
• Better Call Saul is even better than Breaking Bad